Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

In my defense, you can't do that in the States

I am in Tokyo this week for work. When I checked into the hotel last night, my room was stifling hot, so I asked the hotel employee* who insisted on walking my bag up with me how to turn on the a/c.  She informed me that it's winter and so heat is the only option.  I just stared at her in angry silence. Then she added, "You can open the window if you want."  Dumb-ass was not said but it was certainly implied.  This is the second time that this has happened to me - the first time was in Geneva.  I always try to laugh it off, hahaha, in America we can't open hotel windows, but the hotel employees always seem not to be buying it. 

* The employee spoke excellent English. I asked her where she'd learned it.  She said North Carolina. When asked what she thought about it, she paused and said, "It's very green." Word. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>